Sweat'n with Richard!

Posted by Chef Penny | Posted in | Posted on 7:59 AM

Best day on my trip...sadly it had to come at the end!  I started my day off with the rest of my cinnamon roll which obviously is a great way to start the day!  I drove bright and early, 7 am, to Warner Brothers Studios where I proceeded to get lost a bit!  Luckily I left early!  I then took a 2.5 hr backstage lot tour of Warner Brothers (thank you tom and your friend for getting me into it!).  Some things you may be interested in are, I ran into Ryan Gosling, was on the set of friends, chuck and two men and a half amongst other cool things!
 (on the set of friends!)


After the tour I met Dana in Hermosa Beach, but the raw vegan place we were going to go to- their chef was out of town so they didn't offer food.  WHAT?!?!  at that point, why even stay open!  strange!  So we went down the street to a vegetarian place in Redondo Beach that offered some vegan food.  It did the job!  Dana and I went shopping for a bit and of course she got lucky :)  Then she left for work and spent an hr on the beach.  I would have stayed longer, but the meters are so annoying and I don't carry change.  I drove back to town and stopped at a place called Elderberries which was on my list.  Well, they didn't have much because they are getting a new menu tomorrow so I just got a drink.  The drink was avocado, carrot, papaya, pinapple and orange!  WOW!  I didn't have a drink like that my whole trip and it was fantastic.  The best part of this story was that I parked out in front not knowing the tow hours.  I was sitting and chatting and the woman next to me asked if my car was parked in front and I said yes.  She goes -RUN- you're gonna get towed.  So i ran outside and low and behold, the tow was right about under my car and the cop was starting to put his pen to his ticket!  I got lucky and told them I was not from here and I moved my car!  WHEW!  That would have been a fun adventure.



After that i went to the highlight of my trip....RICHARD SIMMONS SWEAT CLASS!  No words...no words.  Favorite quote of the night by the man himself "I know it's only thursday, but spread your legs!"  We chatted the entire class and after class.  He said very nice things to me which I don't need to brag about :)  And he was so nice and I told him I'd move to LA just to take his classes!  Maybe i will!!!


After that I drove to Planet Raw again to get some dinner.  I had their mushroom kelp pasta (best dish probably in LA- but WAY overpriced!) and two chocolate mylkshakes, one for me and one for me....jk- I went to surprise Dana at the dance studio with one and she loved it!  I spent some time there watching people krump and pop it.  Don't even bother asking because I dont understand it either!  I came home and since I am driving many hours tomorrow, headed to bed!  BEST DAY EVER!!!

Comments (0)

Post a Comment