***

Posted by Chef Penny | Posted in | Posted on 9:28 PM

Today was a 3 star eating day :)  I woke up this morning filled with gratitude and went to 2 meetings!  They were very large and lots of positivity!  Loved being there and can't wait to get to more this week!  Then I went to lunch at Real Food Daily.  They had one raw thing on the menu and the rest was vegan.  So I ordered the one raw thing on the menu which was a red pepper sunflower seed wrap and then I had to try their vegan gluten free pancakes.  I only had a bite...but i was curious!!!!  The wrap was outstanding- especially with a bit of hot sauce on it!












After lunch I went to goodwill and picked up a cheap blanket and then went to the Santa Monica Beach again and fell asleep for a good hr.  Not so smart without tanning lotion on :)  Ooops!  I'm not bad though...but I have some nice color!

Then I drove back to silverlake to Cru where I took an uncooking class which was comprised of ceaser salad, lasagna, and tiramisu.  They were all really good, but really basic.  I didn't learn as much today as I did yesterday, but i still enjoyed the food!












After my mini snack (that class was from 3-4:30 so my day went by quickly!), I drove to dinner which I know sounds crazy but it was about 50 min away.  I was saving it for tomorrow, but I forgot they were closed monday and I HAD to get there because Lenette, my raw friend at home, swears by it!  She was right!  My 3 stars for my blog title were all for Au Lac!  Lenette told me what to get, I did, and now I'm in Raw heaven.  I will send anyone there and will be going back often- no matter how far away the drive was!!!    













I had the chimichurri bread, which looks and tastes like real bread!  Then the main dish I had, imagine, wasn't on the menu but since the chef knew Lenette he made it for me.  Basically it was a seafood risotto!  WOW.













And to top it off- no I didn't finish all of my food or all of the dessert- but Lenette told me I had to try the x-tasy cake and the donut holes.  I got them both and tried a bite of each and then wrapped it up!  The cake was chocolate and mint and coconut and pecans and delicious!  And the donut holes has spirulina in them and when you bit into them, raw cane sugar came oozing out and i'm pretty sure from taste the "powdered sugar" (which is not raw) was ground coconut powder (which IS raw).  OMG!  I will be learning how to make this myself!!!!












I wrapped up the bread and half my meal too...but overall- OUTSTANDING!  the pictures sadly don't do it justice and neither does my lack of writing/describing skills!  But my taste buds were bouncing off the wall!!!

After dinner I had about a 45 min drive home and then stopped at target to get tanning lotion for tomorrow just in case!  heehee.  Now i'm home and getting sleepy so I'll probably read, write, and collapse!  Hope you could vicariously eat through me :)

Comments (0)

Post a Comment