Gratitude

Posted by Chef Penny | Posted in | Posted on 8:44 AM

Today was a strange day, but I survived!  I woke up a little late for myself, around 8:30 but it felt nice to sleep in!  I then felt like I was in a rush, so i missed my morning meditation but got to a mtg.  I did feel out of wack though and not as grateful as I usually am.  I had to focus extra hard today!  I then drove to Venice to visit with an old friend from HS, Ross Golan who has an amazing career and a great band called Glacier Hiking.  It was fun catching up!  Then I drove quite a while to Huntington Beach to try out the restaurant Good To Go.  It was a tiny place but pretty good!  I had their sushi and their outstanding peanut butter chocolate pie (the only non raw thing in it was the peanut butter...so i cheated!)  She said people come from France just to have her pie!  She was right about how good it was!!  I'd prolly go back for the pie alone!






















After lunch I went to a dog beach in Huntington where I layed out for a hott second and played with dogs.  It was very relaxing, but at the same time, my gratitude was lacking so I felt a bit off.  I drove back to Santa Monica and went to the Grove which was supposed to be this great shopping center.  It didn't do anything for me though!!!  I did have an amazing juice which was banana, spinach and kiwi blended with ice!  That mixture is probably my new fav and can't wait to make it at home!!

Then I met my new friends, Dave and Dani, at Better Life Cuisine.  I forgot to take pics of the front and inside because I was so excited to be with my new friends!  But I did remember to take a picture of my HUGE salad I had.  The top are "croquettes" with curry sauce.  It was sooooo good and I did NOT finish it all...way too much!

After dinner, since Planet Raw was a block away, we went for a mylkshake :)  I'm so glad I met new friends!!!  That was when my gratitude kicked in and my day got better!  After we parted I drove to another old HS friend's house, Dana Rosenthal, where I spent the night and will be staying for the next few days!  I am grateful for life.  Thanks!

Comments (0)

Post a Comment