Cinco de what?!

Posted by Chef Penny | Posted in | Posted on 10:50 PM

My days are getting longer, maybe because I am anxious to get home!  Today I woke up at 8ish and actually did my hair and put on a dress :)  I wanted to embrace the sunshine and feel great about myself!  It worked!!!!  (slide show at the end!)

So I left the house early to pick up one of those great banana shakes from Beverly Hills Juice.  This time I got the banana almond with apple cinnamon coconut juice!  I need to open one of those places!

After that I went to my first (of hopefully many more) Kabbalah Classes at the LA Kabbalah Center!  It was so interesting and I feel like it's something I have a passion for, but we'll see!

Then I went to a mtg and then met Jamie Swartz at my favorite place, Erewhon!  We got lunch together and since it was Cinco de Mayo, I ate raw enchiladas by a company I hadn't heard of or eaten at!  They were delicious and not too nutty!  It was SOOOO great catching up with her and I'm so glad we reconnected.  It made me miss home a bit more but also made me understand that living in Cali may not be so bad after all :)  Thanks Jamie!

Then I proceeded to shop for some items at Erewhon.  The organic juice bar was closed and I was told to get the cappuccino ice cream, so i may have to go back!  EEKS!  So my shopping....let's just say I bought enough so that you all can still stay tuned to my blog for a while when I get home!

After that I went shopping on Melrose.  Whoever told me Melrose was so "me" lied!  I didn't like it at all.  And by the time I found Robertson street (which I may have to go back to) I had to leave to meet my other friend Jamie aka CHOTTY!!!!!  It was so good to see him!  We caught up and I am soooo happy he's happy.  It really brightened my day and brought back crazy memories!

Then I was running super late and starving...LA traffic sux!  I drove as quick as I could to Real. Raw. Live!  It was a tiny place and they didn't have much food.  I was actually a bit disappointed until the friendly guy gave me a free shot of lemon juice and ginger and a sample of their ice cream which tasted like mine....good but not the best.   I bought their pesto pasta which I was pleasantly surprised at how flavorful it was.  I also got a habanero cashew cheese they sold (not theirs- another company) which they said was hot.  I was like...yah ok. (i like SUPER hot) well...it WAS super crazy hot which I loved.  I ate it with some raw corn chips I bought which were the perfect consistency!  You can also see on the slide show some raw snacks I had today- raw dried rambutan and a raw jungle peanut but (out of this world!!!).  I got back to Dana's before her, ate my dinner, watched last night's Glee and am getting ready for bed because tomorrow i'm playing tourist again!  WOOHOO!!!  Enjoy the slide show!


Comments (0)

Post a Comment