Oh Canada....

Posted by Chef Penny | Posted in | Posted on 7:37 PM

Yes, I went to Canada and survived :) At the same time, my gracious friends, Asima,


Raj (and the cake he made for the baby shower! woohoo!)


and Bubbles,

so lovingly took me in AND took me to some raw restaurants!

The food that we ate that night were raw nachos, pad thai, pizza, spaghetti and meatballs, pecan pie, and chocolate banana cheesecake. I loved it all, but HIGHLY recommend their pizza. Outstanding! And they are looking to franchise if anyone is interested!




This place was located in St. Lawrence Market. If you didn't know to look for it, you'd probably miss it! But DON'T miss out! Their Mushroom Burger was delicious and very filling.

This was probably my favorite meal. They also offer cooked food, but of course I went the raw route! I ordered the sampler plate which included the following (left to right in a circle):
mixed greens, daily special which was a whole plethora of yumminess, the "za" which is their pizza, (under that) the "tv dinner" which included mashed potatoes, gravy and meatloaf, (back to the left) the pierogies. All of it was so good. I then proceeded to order the chocolate avocado pie. Speechless.



Another place we perused was The Big Carrot where I picked up some fun raw goodies such as cinnamon raisin bagels, banana toffee (which I am going to try and replicate), walnut raisin chocolate nib cookies as well as some other fun stuff. They also had a juice bar where I got breakfast for my drive home which was a smoothie including espresso (i know- not raw), banana, spirulina, almond milk, and cacao powder. A GREAT way to start my morning!

I also went to the Whole Foods in canada which had a really cool layout. As you came down the escalator you saw upside down colored umbrellas! And they had a small but great raw food section!





Thanks friends for introducing me to Canada's Raw food at its finest!

Comments (0)

Post a Comment