Monkey Tits

Posted by Chef Penny | Posted in | Posted on 1:57 PM


(sorry for the delay- internet doesn't work in the beverly hills bungalow we're stayin in!!!)


Hello friends!  The title of the blog is because Bob says that phrase a million times and since we had a LONG LONG drive yesterday he kept repeating it.  So it's stuck in my head AND BOB is finally gonna blog today :)  Here he is with Bianca- Kaili's adorable chihuahua!
Hi.  It's Bob.  We left monterey at our normal time, 8ish, to begin our drive to LA!  We made a pitstop at Whole Foods for breakfast which was the closest we could find for raw vegan.  I had the Berry Creamy which was a mixture of blackberries, strawberries, blueberries, banana and acai.  Penny had one with oj, bee pollen, dates, coconut milk, and banana.  We also did our daily shot of wheatgrass.  People really shouldn't be frightened of wheatgrass because it's really refreshing and slightly sweet.  I don't understand how the sweetness changes but it does from place to place.  I'd also like to mention while browsing the aisles in the organic natural food stores, Penny ALWAYS manages to stop at the cheese section!  AHHHH.  Speaking of, I am now 5 days no dairy product and Penny says my cough is gone but I don't see much of a difference yet.  I still crave string cheese like a madman.  

Anyway, as we drove, we made a bunch of stops to see elephant seals off of pacific coast Highway 1.  You should drive Highway 1 sometime even though it's wind-y!  Penny doesn't like wind-y roads...or my driving :)  Our first major stop was in San Luis Obispo at the Smiling dog cafe.  Penny forgot to take pictures of our food but I ate an amazing salad with quinoa, corn, cabbage, onion, red peppers and beans.  We had a great dill tofu and agave dijon dressing for our greens which had sunflower sprouts on it.  I am loving sunflower stuff!  We should all grow sunflower sprouts in our house!  The best part of this cute little place was they gave us a delicious dessert called Almond Bliss which was basically almond butter, dried fruit, nuts and puffed rice.  To me...it tasted like a peanut butter cookie.  This was a great stop over!





After lunch we took off to drive through Santa Barbara.  We were gonna stop at a restaurant but it was only open for dinner. Penny will probably stop there on her way back.  So we proceeded on to Ventura which we stopped at one of my favorite places to date just for my cheese fix called Mary's Secret Garden (you musical theatre folks should love that name!)  We had the cheese platter, and I had a smoothie and Penny had a sundae with caramel sauce that I thought was to die for!  We also loved the decorating and the town was full of mom and pop shops.  



We then got on our way to L.A.! We arrived around 6ish and did my favorite thing which was relax in a Starbucks off of Rodeo Drive and witnessed a long bathroom line of "bright personality individuals" :) We'll leave it at that. Around 8ish, we drove to Penny's friend Annie's pad in Beverly Hills. Wow. Palm trees, spanish architecture, swimming pool...enough said. We tried to get to bed early, but gracious Annie talked our ear off about the amazing things she does here and done! She is so traveled. We finally got to bed at 10:30. It was a long day. Be prepared for what's to come!

Comments (0)

Post a Comment