Falling GPS and Buttcracks

Posted by Chef Penny | Posted in | Posted on 7:55 PM

What a great day...yet sad that Bob is leaving!  The reason for the title is because those were two things that kept happening to us...our gps would NOT stay in the cradle and kept falling and turning on the windshield washers and we also kept seeing people's buttcracks-ew!!!  


The day started by going to Fox Studios where my friend Tom Parker greeted us and gave us an amazing tour!  Not only did he give us a free tour, but he gave BOTH of us a bag of free movies (like 7 of them!) and we got to buy t-shirts in the fox studio gift store and they ONLY sell those shirts there and have been there for only a week!  so basically, bob and I are cool now with our t-shirts!  THANK YOU TOM!



Then bob and I went to get very interesting smoothies, probably my favorite one so far, at a place called Beverly Hills Juice.  Bob liked his but i LOVED mine.  Basically, they make fresh juice and put it in containers.  They take the juice and you can either buy it like that or get a shake made with banana and almond ice cream.  So I got the milk shake with the banana ice cream and a juice which was carrot and coconut!  Outstanding!  I will definitely go back there!!




Then, since bob NEVER had a french macaroon (i know...not raw, but i encouraged him to try it...against his own will...ha ha NOT!), I took him to Paulette Macaron which was started by a french woman and the french chef Christophe Michalak who I worked for in France.  Bob was in awe :)  here is a non raw pic so you can all enjoy too!

After our wonderful morning i drove bob to the airport :(  However, this morning we went to Starbucks so I could ask bob some questions about the trip.  I hope you enjoy his answers- all written by him- and that you can see that eating raw is a great thing!  THANKS BOB!  gonna miss you!!!




What was your favorite restaurant?
Hmmm, I liked 2 actually. 118 in Costa Mesa and Cafe Gratitude in San Fran.



















What was your favorite dish/new food?
KELP NOODLES! Yummy in my Tummy. Also, the diversity of Sunflower....sprouts and seeds!

























What was your favorite dessert?
Grrr...we had so many. Strawberry Short Cake from Cafe Gratitude or Triple Chocolate Cake from RAWvolution in Santa Monica.




















What is one thing you love about raw food?
Again, 2 things that I love about RAW food is how full you feel when done, but not the "Food Coma" feeling. And also the colors...so bright!


Do you think you'll continue to eat raw?
I will take away certain things with this. Fruit smoothies, kelp noodles, etc. I will always eat whatever Penny makes me!





What is the one thing you missed eating while being raw?
CHEESE!

How many days did you go without eating dairy and how do you feel?  (proves anyone CAN do it!!!!)
10! Holy S**t. I feel good. My cough is gone. I think it may be from the sun, but Penny swears its from not eating dairy.


How many salads did you actually eat- since that's the number one misconception of being a raw foodist?
One and I ordered it because I wanted one.



What was your favorite part about being with me (Penny)?
There was no fav...we had a blast and it felt just like hanging with her in good old Chi. Time did fly by though.


I am SOOOO grateful to have bob in my life and that he came on this amazing journey with me!  I'm gonna miss him...but I'm sure everytime i hear Jason Mraz "i'm yours', i'll wake up! :)  (that was our morning alarm)  


So...after I dropped bob off, I drove to Las Vegas to surprise my aunt!  SURPRISE!!! she loved it.  We ate some dinner and now i'm going to read, relax, write, and enjoy my vacation!  love you bob and KEEP READING- more raw restaurants to come!!!!



Comments (0)

Post a Comment