Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Cookies

Posted by Chef Penny | Posted in , , | Posted on 2:50 PM

Since I am taking a mini vacation this weekend with the special person in my life, I decided to make him a special treat! He can't eat dairy so I made a dairy free cookie- and he loves chocolate chip! The recipe I found on the Crisco box! I know...you're thinking gross! But crisco isn't as unfriendly as you think. I have a feeling you will like this recipe very much!

Recipe:
3/4 cup (or stick- it's the same) Crisco Butter flavor shortening
1 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 T soy milk
1 T vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups dark chocolate (dairy free)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375*.

Cream crisco and brown sugar. Add milk, vanilla and egg. Stir in flour, salt and baking soda. Mix in chocolate chips. Using a tablespoon or an ice cream scooper (what I use) and put on an un-greased (or silpat) cookie sheet with some space in between. I did it two ways- once just dropping them and once dropping and flattening. I think just dropping them is better. Bake about 8-10 min. DO NOT over bake or they will be hard. Enjoy all you lactose free people :)


DROP AND SMASH COOKIES:

DROP COOKIES:

DROP (on left) SMASH (on right):

Comments (0)

Post a Comment