Lemon Pistachio (White Chocolate dipped) Biscotti

Posted by Chef Penny | Posted in , , , | Posted on 1:46 PM

Hi all! Sorry I've been MIA. On monday of this week my catering company asked me if I wanted a short term gig thru November 13th! So I took it, but it requires me to wake up super early and be in Waukegan by 6 am! At least I'm making some money again :)

Anyway, since I'm projected to move Oct 31/Nov 1 I am still trying to use up ingredients! Today's special ingredient was Pistachios! I also am planning on giving this away to my new landlord and the guy who found me the place!

These are super simple and great with coffee and tea!

Recipe:
2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
6 oz ( 1 1/2 cups) unsalted pistachios
3 large eggs
zests of 2 lemons
3 tbsp lemon juice (had no lemons- i used water)
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350* and put rack in the middle.
Mix flour, sugar and baking powder with the pistachios. Mix eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice (or water), and vanilla extract. Mix egg mixture into flour mixture until just incorporated. I did this all by hand! On a floured surface separate dough into to batches rolling into a log. Place on the cookie sheet (with plenty of space in between since they rise a bit) and slightly flatten. Bake for til they feel firm, about 25 minutes. Let cool completely.

Reset the racks to upper and lower third and reduce oven temperature to 300*. Slice biscotti into 1/3 inch thick diagonal slices. Arrange on a cookie sheet, without leaving space in between them. Bake until dry and slightly golden, about 15 minutes. Remove and cool on a baking rack.
When completely cooled, melt the chocolate (in a double boiler or in the microwave at 15 second increments) and dip 1/4 of the biscotti in the chocolate and place on a piece of wax paper and let cool. You can dip these in dark chocolate as well or not dip them. Your choice! That's the beauty of them. They are fun to make!





Comments (0)

Post a Comment