Banana oatmeal chocolate chip almond muffins

Posted by Chef Penny | Posted in , , , | Posted on 1:27 PM

Can i put more things into these?!?! Anyway, like I said, I am moving Saturday so I was going through my food and realized I had too many bananas and leftover oatmeal and almonds plus a bag of chocolate chips. So I had to figure out how to put them all together and this is what the outcome was! I am SURE these are to be a hit with friends and family!! Great breakfast item!

Recipe:
1.5 cups of oats (toast them in oven at 375* for about 10 min or fragrant)
1 cup all purpose flour
1.5 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1T baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp allspice
1/8 tsp cloves
1 stick of butter melted
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup canola oil
3/4 cup milk
3 ripe bananas mashed
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup chopped almonds

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375*
Combine first 8 ingredients (all dry) (minus choc chips and almonds). Combine butter through bananas (all wet ingredients). Pour wet into dry just until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips and almonds. Scoop into muffin tins with liners. These don't rise too much so you can fill them full. Bake until golden brown on top...could be 30 minutes. They are delicious directly out of the oven. So warm and fluffy! Happy breakfast eating :)

Comments (0)

Post a Comment