Pardon me!

Posted by Chef Penny | Posted in , , | Posted on 11:54 AM

So I already have questions from my readers :) I guess I need to take more time to spell out a few things since not everyone who reads this will understand it. So I will try and be more simple on my next posts.

So- to cook squash. Cut it into small pieces like a potato. The smaller you cut it, the quicker it cooks. Boil it in water til tender or it crushes between your fingers. You can then mash it, by itself, with a spoon, fork, your hands (but don't burn them!) or what I used was an immersion blender. I'm sure you could even put it in a kitchen aid or cuisinart as well.

The reason you wrap it in a towel is not to "wrap it in a towel" but just to guide you as you roll. I rolled it by myself, but that is because I wasn't scared of it :) However, the powdered sugar prevents it from sticking to the surface ie; the towel. Also, you pre-roll it before it's cool in order for the cake to take its shape. If it cools in the flat position it will be harder to roll and will probably break. That may be the reason mine cracked, was because I waited too long to roll it. Once cool, you can unroll it, fill it and when you re-roll it it will be easier.

Please feel free to ask questions! Hope this helps.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment