Southern Deviled Eggs

Posted by Chef Penny | Posted in , | Posted on 2:02 PM

Went to a party over the weekend and my friend Jaimee's favorite food is deviled eggs. This is my classic recipe that I tweak if I need to! I basically make the eggs and then add ingredients to taste. ALWAYS taste your food before serving! Enjoy

RECIPE:
9 large eggs (or however many you chose, just change the amounts)
1/3 cup mayo
1 1/2 T dijon mustard
2 tsp apple cider
salt and pepper to taste
2 tsp scallions minced (white part only- and I usually add more)
2 tsp fresh tarragon minced (plus extra for garnish)
paprika to taste

DIRECTIONS:
boil the eggs. do it the way YOU were taught. I was taught so many ways, that I make them different every time. All I can say is the same always is to chill quickly by running cold water on them and putting ice on top. chill as cool as possible to stop cooking and to peel immediately.

cut eggs in half lengthwise. Put yolks in a bowl and mash. Add mayo, mustard, vinegar, salt pepper and paprika (can use as a garnish only if you want). Make as smooth or as chunky as you want. Spoon into a piping bag or a ziploc bag and cut the top. Pipe into eggs. Garnish with tarragon and paprika. cover til you are ready to serve!

sorry i didn't take pictures! I was running late and forget :) Picture a creamy egg! hahah. enjoy

Comments (0)

Post a Comment